10 Reasons why artificial flowers are better than real flowers for your wedding.
Real flowers v’s artificial flowers - It’s a subject that gets discussed a lot… Good quality artificial flowers are just as beautiful as real flowers so why aren’t more brides using them?
Here are 10 reasons to use faux flowers for your big day:
1. Artificial flowers won’t droop and die – you can keep them forever… what a great keepsake of the most romantic day of your life?
2. Seasons don’t matter – real flowers are restricted by the time of year they are in season, but faux flowers are available in a vast array of colours and are always in season.
3. Bouquet preservation is expensive - When you add the cost of your wedding flowers to the cost of preserving them then artificial flowers work out cheaper.
4. Artificial flower arrangements will look just as good as real flowers in your wedding photos – just remember, if you want really good quality faux flowers then they are just as expensive as real flowers but, you get to take them home and they will look just as beautiful years later.
5. Your wedding bouquet will be lighter to carry as the flowers themselves are lighter and there is no added weight from the water needed to stop them drooping.
6. Artificial flowers can take crystals, glitter and any other embellishments without bruising, damaging or deadheading which guarantees you’ll get the look you want for the entire day and they’ll look just as good years down the line!
7. Your artificial flowers can be made and delivered ahead of time – this takes away one of your wedding morning’s stresses.
8. They are suitable for travelling if you have a destination wedding or long-distance occasion.
9. You don’t need water or temperature-controlled environments to ensure that they look their best.
10. Faux flowers are great if you suffer from allergies - they won’t make you, or anyone in your party sneeze – they are a friend of hay fever sufferers everywhere!
At the end of the day, if you want real flowers then more ‘flower’ power to you! It’s your day and you should have what you want… Just make sure that you want them for the right reasons. Consider the options… work out what works for you. I guarantee that if you are only using real flowers because “that’s what you should use” or because your mum told you to or even because of the smell then consider the benefits having artificial flowers.